My mission in teaching this personal fitness class is to help all students develop the knowledge, skills, motivation and behaviors that will promote and reinforce a lifetime commitment to wellness through a physically active and healthy lifestyle. I want to help students become physical activity and health advocates who will feel competent in helping others establish personal fitness programs.
1. committed to my students and their learning.
2. knowledgeable of the subject I teach and how to teach the subject to my
3. responsible for managing and monitoring the learning of my students.
4. a systematic thinker about my practice and I learn from my experience.
5. a member of various learning communities.
The following four course goals are for students to:
1. Acquire knowledge of fitness benefits and principles.
2. acquire and use self-management skills.
3. become physically active and build fitness.
4. become independent decision makers.